Thursday, February 18, 2010

Okay, so I know SOME things....

...about exciting karate demonstration teams. I know stuff about them because I run a karate demo team. I also know something about chopping up and mashing together a song to make it fit a routine. I love it. All of it.

My demo team won at the Amerikick Internationals Philadelphia last November ('09), and since then I've lost some long-standing members to my schools black belt team (run by the head instructor, not me. T.T), and I've had to replace them.

Oh how I forgot over the year how horrible and messy it all starts out before they begin to shape into something. It's a good challenge, I just wish more of them were serious about it. Sorry, kiddos, but having a friend sleep over or a cousin visit is NOT a valid excuse to miss practice.

Anyway, what does this all have to do with writing? Nothing, but it's what I'm doing instead of writing, as I haven't been able to write anything in a while. Damn, life always gets in the way.

Have to pay the bills though, and unfortunately, my debut novel has not been seen by any eyes yet. ...Not anyone who could make my writing dreams come true, anyway....

Back to what I know about the demo team.

I know how to chop up and put together the music, and I love doing it. Almost as much as I love Photoshop, and almost as much as I love writing. ....Almost. :)

....Photoshop ftw!

No comments:

Post a Comment