Thursday, February 18, 2010

I know Nothing.

It's true. But I'm learning. And 125 pages in and a few years (YEARS) later, I think I've learned at least a little.

....I think.

Writing Science Fiction is fun, but I'm going to clear this statement up a bit by adding that the fiction part of writing Science Fiction is fun. The Science part would be more fun if I knew what the hell I was talking about.

I'm no science whiz. I generally make it up as I go along.

But before you jump on my back and bitch and moan about me having no right to write science fiction when I have no science background whatsoever, know that I run all my ideas past my biology-degree boyfriend, who at least knows more science than I do. I leave the heavy thinking up to him, and run with my flimsy idea when he okays it as being possible.

See? Flaw-proof.

Anyway, I struggle on, writing teen science fiction and hoping against hope that I can accumulate a ravaging fan-base much like that of J.K. Rowling. What more can I ask for?

Oh, a plane ticket to Japan, please. ...I'll look for it in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment