Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I know Nothing about Plowing Straight Through...

...from beginning to end.

I simply cannot do it.

I have a best friend who is also writing a novel, and she started at the beginning and is steadily working her way right through it. I'm amazed that she can work in a way that I just don't understand.

I tend to get really excited about certain scenes. Let's face it, some are just more fun to write out than others, and for good reason! Because I get excited about how a specific scene will be, I will type out my favorite scenes first and then string them together. I'll have to leave it up to the second run-through to clean up any mistakes or inconsistencies that happen from scene to scene. Which is okay. :)

I find that writing out the scenes you like best first, or the major scenes, or the most exciting to you as an author helps the writing process to move faster than it normally would. My best friend is still far into the beginning of her story, where I'm somewhat nearing the end (still a bit far off, however T.T). Of course, I also started mine much sooner than she did, but I feel the rate of pages/words being typed when we sit down is large in difference. Not that there's anything wrong with it. It's all up to preference.

How do you write up your story/novel? Are you like me or like my best friend? Can you simply plow straight through your novel from begging to end, or do you skip around like a crazy person? I'd like to know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment