Friday, February 19, 2010

I know Nothing about Blogging....

And yet, I'm going to go ahead and blog for the next 365 days. Well, I'm going to try anyway. Maybe by then it will just be habit, and this blog will just keep going forever.

Work is overloading me know, which financially is what I need, so I'm going to say it's a good thing and leave it at that. Although I will add that I've also discovered 5 Hour Energy shots to work fantastically for me (expensive, though! $18 for a six pack?!!), so I chug one every Monday after I get back from school and head into work. Then I'm ready for an evening of crazy karate kids and private lessons.

Getting in an extra flow of cash is always good. However, as I stated in my last post, I just don't have the time to write. Really, I go home, eat and then lay down. I can rarely find time to read now, I'm so tired and busy.

I'm going to talk a little about the book The Doomsday Book by Connie Willis, which I'm in the middle of reading right now. The book is science fiction and deals with time travel. A Historian is sent back to the 1300's (middle ages) and something goes wrong, but we're not sure what. In fact, I'm 200+ pages in, and I still don't know what went wrong when she was sent back.

The historian gets sick as soon as she gets there, but I still don't know exactly why or how. They never fully explain it (yet), and I'm beginning to get frustrated.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a clean, good read, and I'm dying to figure out what happened and how the heck she's going to get back. The only problem is I'm finding only minutes at a time to pick up the book and read, so it's slow going. This is killing me, because I'm a fast reader.

I'm inspired to start working on my novel again, now if I could just find the time to do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment