Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sirantha Jax is my Hero

I am such a fan of Ann Aguirre it's not even funny.

I've always had a problem with buying books based on their covers, and then I go home and open them up and hate it.  I've discovered over the years that most of the book covers that attract me contain stories I have no interest in, or the writing style turns me off.  Aguirre's Sirantha Jax series was not like that at all for me.

I totally bought her book because of the cover art.

How fucking awesome is that cover?  I want to be Sirantha Jax so bad.  I'm also going to hound this cover artist when I'm ready to publish my novel.


Today I was so excited because I came across her last book in the Jax series over at B&N, and I immediately snatched it up.  And then I got all sad, because it's the end of a great series with great characters.  I'm sure most of you can relate.  Kind of like how you felt when Harry Potter came to an end.

So then I tinkle around with the idea of grabbing her fantasy series, because she is such an awesome writer, but I tend to stay away from urban fantasy novels, because there's only so many hot girl being a total bad ass and running from her past because she has a special power books I can take, which, of course, is what Blue Diablo is all about.

Kinda wish all of Aguirre's novels had the same artwork.

Who knows?  I'm hoping this series will pull me in like Jax did, and there are some awesome urban fantasy series that I love, like the Cal Leandros series by Rob Thurman.

 This cover is so emo.  Look at him up there, perched high above the city in the rain, thinking dark thoughts about the troll under the Brooklyn bridge.

This series is awesome, one of my favorite fantasy series, and I was so happy to find out that Rob Thurman is totally a girl.  And might I just add that Cillian Murphey is 100% Cal Leandros, and I expect a movie to be made some time in the future.

 How can a man possibly look so good?

Anyway, can't wait to dig into these books.  If you haven't read any of her stuff yet, go for it!  <3 br="br">


No comments:

Post a Comment