Friday, September 7, 2012

I know Nothing about Ending a Story.

Oh man, so much has happened since I stopped posting.  I wish I was better able to stick to goals such as writing every day, but for some reason I just haven't had the motivation.  I could make a bunch of excuses, but that's just what they'll be read as: excuses.

I moved two weeks ago, and now I've set up base in lovely Ventura, CA, and the weather is wonderful and the beach is wonderful and my bookshelf is up and it's wonderful and suddenly I had the strongest urge to write.  So I've set a new goal for myself: I AM going to try and write every day, even if it's for just an hour or two, even if it's just a sentence, I'm going to try and write something.

....And this time I mean it!

Ha, I know, how many times have you heard that from someone.  All I can really do is shrug and try my hardest this time, and promise myself not to give up and hope for the best.

Another goal I've set for myself is to finish up my outline.  The ending has been so very vague and so very up in the air that I decided to just suck it up and get something more solid down on paper.  Of course, a vague, three-paragraph end turns into ten or so pages of an ending outline, but once that's done my main characters will finally have some direction.

I've noticed that my main characters have started to almost wilt in their rolls because I don't have much of anything for an end thought up yet, and I've come to the conclusion that it's because I'm wilting without an end.  This needs to be fixed asap.

What is your next writing goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment